If you are looking for a new home, you will have a lot of layouts and price points to choose from. That’s good news – and here’s more: You don’t have to make these choices alone, or limit yourself to looking at just one builder. Include your Realtor in your home building decision process.
Top 5 Reasons to Use Your Own Realtor When Buying From a Builder:
- Get a Realtor – you get representation and the seller pays the commission. In almost all cases, buying from a builder works just like any other home buying transaction. The seller pays the commission. Will they give you a better deal without a Realtor? Well… see the other reasons and judge for yourself.
- Another builder might have a better deal with more features. A builder Sales Agent’s top priority is the builder who hired them, not you. Why would they look beyond their inventory for you? Even if they wanted to, sometimes they legally can’t. Don’t you want a Realtor who can?
- Most Realtors aren’t blinded by fancy staging. Now, we love us some fabulous home interior design! But frankly, we’ve seen most of it before – lots and lots of times. So what we will be keeping an eye out for are things like the quality and location of the lot, and core features vs expensive (and unnecessary) upgrades.
- An experienced Realtor knows the “soft spots” in the pricing for negotiation. The builder’s sales agent knows, too, but why would they tell you? (Same reasons as #2.) Your Realtor comes to the negotiating table with far more training and knowledge than the average homebuyer. Get that negotiating power to work for you while the seller pays the commission!
- A good Realtor knows what’s really in your closing documents. Did the builder’s agent make you promises? A good realtor can tell you if those promises made it to closing. Have you ever seen the huge stack of legal papers that get shoved at a homebuyer at closing? Don’t you want someone by your side who actually knows what’s in them? Someone who is watching out for your interests?